Saturday, October 15, 2011

Viral Videos


Viral videos are fantastic. They're awesome, and I would be willing to bet quite a bit of money that the majority of people have seen one that they liked so much, they showed other people (but I guess that's kind of what a viral video is) The closest thing I ever came to being in a viral video was for a talent show the college I went to put on every year. We did a music video to “Uptown Girl” which you can see here.
It can't be all that hard to make a viral video, right? I mean, there are millions of them. So I took the liberty to see what some key elements are when it comes to popular online videos. Here are the spark notes.

  1. Catchy music.
  2. Someone hurting themselves.
  3. Some sort of stupid internet trend/meme.
  4. a baby or cute animal.
  5. Usually short.
While I was unable to get a hold of a baby, and I completely forgot I owned a hamster, I think I did the best I could with my resources. So, while my wife was at work, I set about making this video. Enjoy, and make it viral.

3 comments:

  1. LOL oh my word!.... ps. Where do you work?

    -the Uptown Girl from "Uptown Girl"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at Mt. Baker imaging. It's a medical imaging place in Bellingham. I'm a receptionist/CT aid

    ReplyDelete
  3. 92 views in two and a half weeks. Not exactly viral...

    ReplyDelete