Mistakes I made as a child:
1. Examined the heat of the exhaust pipe of our family van after a long trip by touching it.
2. Roller-bladed in the rain.
3. Tried to fly.
4. Used a frightened cat to test my inflatable raft.
5. As a young boy quoted the line from The Three Amigos "We raped the horses and rode off on the women" to my mother. (At the time I didn't know what it meant, just that it made people laugh when he said it in the movie)
6. In a failed attempt to get a game of "Smear the queer" going, I announced to the church potluck that I would be "the queer"